Tuesday, May 10, 2011

(Expensive) Necklace of the Day

Good afternoon! So if you know me, I know that I have been known to have a freaky obsession with all things Seahorse in the past. Well, I've somewhat outgrown the obsession but I still keep my little eye out for those galloping sea fillies when I browse online/in shops.

I spied with my little eye the Mare of the Sea Necklace on Anthro's sister wedding website www.bhldn.com. Now, although a lovely statement piece, here are my qualms about it:


  1. $360 clams for this necklace?!? Holy smokes! It is 22k gold-dipped sterling silver but seriously, in my opinion, statement necklaces should err on the side of cheap rather than pricey!

  2. What bride (or bridesmaid) would wear this during a wedding? I think my own bridesmaids would have rioted if I asked them to wear this.

Conclusion: An interesting piece (especially if you heart seahorses). But better to pass on the BHLDN version and pick up a cheapie Forever21 version for $5.00!!! (I don't know if they actually have one...but I'm sure if they don't now, they will soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment