Friday, June 24, 2011

Letter of the Day

The letter of the day is "F".






F as in...






Fava Beans! Native to North Africa and Southwest Asia, these are among the most ancient plants in cultivation and one of the easiest to grow. They can be fried, pureed, and in Arab countries they are used for a breakfast dish called ful medames. An interesting tidbit: An old Netherland folk remedy is to rub the inside of the bean pod on your skin to prevent warts.




Fox! You can check out this cute little stuffed critter on Etsy. His name is Liam and he is a Woodland Fox who wants to come live at your house!


France! The one place in Europe that I am still dying to go. Marcus and I have made a deal, our next European adventure will be Paris-Amsterdam. A super fun/easy trip now that there is a bullet train between the two cities. I have always been obsessed with France. I was in French club in Elementary School, took French class in High School and College. I love their style, their food (oh nom-nom baguettes and cheese!!) Now if only I retained more of the language other than s'il vous plais, oui, non, and au revoir!




French Connection! No relation to France (see above) but a fun clothing brand. I saw this dress and thought, sparkly green sequins? Perfect Vegas dress! My only issues are: 1. Looks like there are shoulder pads and that's a no-no and 2. I'm scared of wearing dresses in Vegas that aren't sleeveless. I sweat a lot and I feel like my armpits need to be FREE! :-) You can find the dress here.


And finally, F is for....





FRIDAY! :-)



















No comments:

Post a Comment