Friday, August 5, 2011

Snack of the Day

Hi there! One fond memory I have of childhood is a favorite snack....drumroll please....

PLANTERS CHEEZ BALLS!!!


These delighful globes of yumminess were so delicious and I could finish a canister in no time at all. The best part was how your fingers became covered with the powdery cheese and pretty orange. It made it impossible to read whilst eating...unless you managed to isolate your eating fingers from the page. Otherwise, your book would be marred with lots of orange fingerprints!



See what I mean?


Sadly, Planters has discontinued this delightful snack. Why? I don't know. But I am extremely saddened by this. One day they were there, and then one day --GONE! I was pretty much devestated. As with many other in the world. There is even a Facebook group petitioning to "Bring Back the Cheez Balls!" If you want to join, you can go here.


Meanwhile, I have found a close substitute....

The UTZ CHEESE BALLS.


Granted, they don't spell their cheese balls with a "Z" on the end. But they are quite tasty as well. And completely Kosher. Not that I practice Kosher eating. I buy mine at Wal-mart but you can find them a lot of places including Amazon. (But what CAN'T you find on Amazon?)


Have a Cheezy Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment