Saturday, August 14, 2010

Purchase of (yester)Day


So I got into San Francisco yesterday and immediately beelined it to Powell Street where I met up with the lovely Ashley Burke. We high-tailed it to Anthropologie and as I ended the doors I was engulfed with the beautiful smell of their "Volcano" candles. We decended into the bottom floor, passing by so many lovely items and then found ourselves in the midst of racks and racks of sale items! We browsed, we perused, we laughed, we sighed....it was a magical time. Well, I really wanted to buy an ivory/off white jacket/coat. It was FREEZING in San Francisco and I just didn't have anything to wear over my strapless dress that I was wearing to Becky & Tripp's rehearsal. (I didn't have anything that I could have brought from SoCal either....an ivory coat does not exist in my closet and it was the only thing that would match my navy dress). After browsing through the sale, I said to Ashley, "Okay girlie, let's look at FULL PRICED items." This was a big step for me because I NEVER buy full price at Anthro. I'm actually really against it because everything usually goes on sale. But I was desperate and I was really lusting after something lovely. So then, we saw this coat:

Boucle De Souffle Jacket $128

I saw, I tried on, and I feel in love! This little thing was perfect for me! It is a nice, good quality wool that is very warm and it's lined with a very pretty pattern (which unfortunately you cannot see in this stock photo). It has bracelet length sleeves (which I prefer because it makes it more lady-like AND usually coat sleeves are way too long for me) and two hook/eye clasps in the front. I hee-d and I haw-ed and finally, I made the move and bought it. My rationalization was: 1. I could use it immediately, 2. I had seen the coat previously on another blog and loved it there...so it wasn't like I just saw it that day for the first time, 3. I have NOTHING like it in my closet (the only real coat I have is a black peacoat), 4. I can actually see myself wearing it a lot, which mades the $128 easier to swallow....however, $128 for a nice wool coat isn't bad! and 5. I knew Courtney Burke would approve because she is the Queen of White/Ivory coats.

So I did it folks, I made the purchase! I was picky though, the first two I tried on that were on the floor sort of had uneven ruffles....like one side wasn't as ruffly as the other side. We found a helpful sales associate and explained the problem to her and asked if she had any in the back and she totally understood and brought me a beautiful, pristine one that had even ruffles on both sides. Yes I am OCD about things like that, but I just want to get the best for my money! I wore it last night to the rehearsal dinner and everyone loved it. I will probably wear it again tonight after the wedding when we go to the after party. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment