Monday, August 16, 2010

RECIPE OF THE DAY


Hello,

Yesterday I woke up craving lasagna..I do not know why...I could not stop thinking about it so I made some for dinner last night, and probably every night of the week because I made so much. I made up my own recipe and it came out delish. Below is how you would make it.


What you will need

Ricotta cheese

Mozzarella cheese

Parmesan


Yellow Squash

Zucchini

Sun Dried Tomato's

Mushrooms

Arugula

Broccoli

onion

garlic


No Boil Lasagna noodles

Pesto Sauce

option- chicken or turkey Italian sausage

pre bake to 375 degrees


I added sausage to my "vegi" lasagna so I started by taking the sausage out of the casing and cooking it thoroughly on the stove. When it was done I set it aside for later use.


After that was done I began cooking all the vegetables. I sliced all the Zucchini and squash then sauteed them in a little bit of oil, garlic and onion. I personally like the flavor of them when they get a tad brown but you really do not have to saute them that long...maybe 4-5 min. I took them out of the pan and set them aside. After that I threw the mushrooms in the pan, cooked those for about 5 min using a little but if butter instead of oil. Lastly I used the same skillet and threw the broccoli in it along with about half a cup of water to steam it. I then took the broccoli out and chopped it up.


Once everything was cooked I combined all the ingredients into the same pan and added salt and pepper to taste.


Ok, now the fun part...the assembly.


I used a 9x12 baking dish (one that you would use brownies for) I started by taking some olive oil and drizzling some at the bottom of the pan. I then took some pesto sauce and smeared it on the bottom.


Next you layer the lasagna noodles one by one at the bottom. After that I added the ricotta, more pesto, vegis, meat and grated Parmesan. (no mozzarella yet)


Then I did it again. For the second layer I added the sun dried tomato's and mozzarella.. I waited to add the mozzarella because I did not want it sticking to the bottom of the pan.


Then you just now layer till your reach the very tipy top of the pan. Once I placed the last set of noodles on top, I added more pesto, and mozzarella to create a nice crusty top.


Once completed, cover the top of then dish with aluminum foil and let bake at 375 for about an hour.


Enjoy!


ps. this is not a real pic of my lasagne...mine actually looked better..haha



1 comment: