Monday, March 14, 2011

Anthropologie FAILS of the Day

Hi everyone! So as you know, my favorite store is Anthropologie. However, I feel like their selections have been non-exciting-extremely-lackluster-yawn-put-me-to-sleep lately. Where are all their cute, girly, whimsical items? I believe Anthro has taken a turn for the worse.

This is evidenced by their most recent shoe selections. Let's begin and go through the bad, the worse, and the ugly! (Note, there is no GOOD in here!):


Embroidered Frequencies Platform $588
Okay, seriously Anthro? Almost $600 for a pair of shoes? And THESE shoes? I don't know if you think your customers are blind or just crazy? I'm not feeling the zigzag or the lacing or the weird platform. I know models can pull of anything, but I would really like to see someone pull this one off!

Dark and Story Wedges $268
Well, the price is a bit better on these, but you still won't catch me shelling out over $200 for these wooden clunkers! I feel these shoes would only be good for one thing: stepping on and killing big bugs!


Charleston Shoes $298
Hmm, it's not often that I see Anthro doing an evening shoe. These aren't horrible, but the fringe is a bit much....very flapperish! Hence the name I suppose! the reason why I think this is a FAIL is because it doesn't align with what I belive is Anthro's style aesthetic! This looks like a shoe that you would find at Guess or Bebe or BCBG.



Sailboat Clogs $148
Ah, it's the cheapest pair of the bunch. But I guess it's because when you wear those it's basically like NAPKINS wrapped around your ankles and tied with a string. Seriously, who designs this stuff?




If-Looks-Could Booties $298
I think the name of these are supposed to invoke "if looks could kill". Well Booties, you are definitely killing me with your ugliness! Ugh! I really can't picture these as cute on anyone. The low heel, the lacing the open back....these are guaranteed to make your feet look like WITCH feet and cut your ankle off and make you look short and stumpy. Major FAIL!
Dear Anthro, please stop wasting your time on ugly shoes like these and bring back more pretties!

1 comment:

  1. i don't mind the first ones (although i'd never shell out $600 for them), but the others are so bad! those sailboat ones??? what were they thinking?

    ReplyDelete