Hello! Today's post has to do with one of my favorite materials....leather!
As you all know, most leather comes from cows. It is durable and flexible and is created via the tanning of cowhide.
Lots of manufacturers use leather to create marketable goods. Let's take a look at some different items you can get in leather:
Wow, if you want to clothe yourself in leather, it can be pretty expensive! It surprises me that the Jcrew shirt is the most expensive item, and the most simple looking. I would have thought for sure that something Diane Von Furstenberg or Elie Tahari would carry a higher price tag than Jcrew. Maybe the Jcrew shirt is made from really special cows? Who knows!
The only things I prefer in leather are handbags and shoes. I think leather clothing that is worn next to your skin (i.e. NOT coats or jackets) are sort of heavy, unneccessary and would probably make you sweat a lot! And for $795 (Jcrew shirt), I can get a lot of shoes. :-)
What do you think of leather?




They are all HORRIBLE but the shorts are the worst offenders. Great post G! :-)
ReplyDeleteHaha, well, I have you to thank for the inspiration! I really can't believe the last one either. A tank top leather blouse? I mean, don't you wear a tank top to stay COOL? I think leather would make you HOT!
ReplyDelete