I've been eager to try this L'oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray for a while. Apparently it's one of those stylists' "cult favorites" that you previously were only able to purchase in Europe. Well, it's finally made its way over to the USA and I purchased a bottle at Rite Aid yesterday because I was out of hairspray.I curled my hair today, and sprayed....OMG, I was gasping and choking for air! The smell of this hairspray is like a baby powder bomb went off in your hair. Seriously. That bad. the smell reminds me of old ladies (not babies, unfortunately) and the smell does not dissapate. Ugh. I had to deal with it during my entire car ride to work (should have opened a window). I wanted to put on perfume to mask the smell, but I was scared it would just make it worse.
As for the hold, it holds pretty good (so far) and is not stiff/sticky. But the smell....it's really a killer for me. I almost feel like it's giving me a headache right now. NOT GOOD. Maybe I need to chew some gum or something.
Needless to say, I'm taking the receipt and taking this hairspray back to the store tomorrow.
Not worth it. :-(
That's how I felt with the dry shampoo from.. tresume? Now I'm using Salon Grafix dry shampoo (also at target). No smell and no white stuff which is great.
ReplyDelete