So how much would you pay for a dog or breed of your choice? $300? $800, $1,200, maybe $2,000? How about another question, who can claim their dog is worth more than $1.5 million dollars? Apparently a man from North China can. The multi-millionare coal baron bought a Tibetan Mastiff for a whopping 10 million yuan which converts to more than $1.5 million dollars.
The breeder, Lu Liang, claims that the 11-month old, 180 lb dog called Big Splash or ("Hong Dong" in Chinese) is the perfect specimen.
The Tibetan Mastiff are highly prized status symbol among the rich in China. According to the Telegraph they are thought to be a pure Chinese breed rarely found outside of Tibet. Legend has it that both Genghis Khan and and Lord Buddha kept a Tibetan Mastiff. What do you think of the red-flamed Big Splash? Worth every single dollar or just another cute, fluffy dog?

Hmm, I think just another fluffy dog. Notice I did not say "cute". Haha, I just don't prefer dogs with all that crazy fur! I don't see dogs as a "status" symbol where the more money you pay, the better. To me, as long as I love the dog, it could be a free mutt that I find on the street. :-)
ReplyDeleteI think he is adorably cute but with so many dogs needing homes I would rather spend the $1.5 million on them...Plus I don't think I could take care of a dog that is almost double my weight.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE HIM! But seriously, I would love a pound puppy just the same!
ReplyDelete